Morgan is a national and global brand icon, probably more notorious off than on the field.
And, that’s great, what she communicates and does outside football defines her more personal, human and authentic personality.
What’s behind her marketing?
According to SportsProMedia, Alex Morgan was the 3rd most marketable footballer in 2017, including men and women and just after names as Paul Pogba and Neymar Jr. According to the list, her brand was more powerful than athletes as Eden Hazard, Lewis Hamilton, Garbiñe Muguruza or James Harden.
More than 5M fans follow her on Instagram. Stars as Marta Vieira and Hope Solo are followed by 673k and 876k respectively. A massive difference that only can be understood because of her personal influence. If brands are consistently and frequently developed, their influence rockets.
Let’s have a look at her Instagram account stats:
- 99% audience credibility shows that fans are real
- There’s a balance between women followers (47%) and men (53%), probably appealing interests as football, women’s football, fashion and others
- United Stats only accounts for 40%, the rest is global impact, being Mexico and Spain important markets
- The majority of her Instagram followers are from 18 to 24 years old. She’s 28 now and a sports reference for future men and women footballers
- English and Spanish account for 70% of her followers’ language
- Both sports and personal content are among the most engaging posts, always with top quality pictures, the correct hashtags and mentions and a consistent personality
You can read the full report here.
Posting frequently about her life on and off the pitch, integrating brands in a natural way and a brand story well crafted, some of the learnings from Morgan’s Instagram.
What do your followers say about your brand?
Photo credit: Nike.com
Ps. She even filmed a movie Alex & Me with Warner Bros, here you have the trailer.