In a previous post, we saw the importance of stories to connect with fans, brands and media. The so-called storytelling as central tool for making a positive impact through marketing.
What is marketing? In my opinion, marketing means causing a positive impact in what matters to you.
To build a powerful story, there are 5 characteristics that should be met. A story..
- Is true. Not because it’s factual, but because it’s consistent and authentic
- Make a promise. They promise an exceptional and great outcome, something worth believing in
- Is trusted. We are constantly saturated with messages and information, so the stories we believe in are those worth talking about
- Happens fast. Don’t need a lot of explanation because their message is clear, short and powerful
- Appeal to feelings. They are aimed to our worldview and the way we feel about that idea, rather than logical or rational arguments
How convincing is the story you tell?