If it was to please everyone, it wouldn’t be appealing. Cool stuff need skeptics to build a niche and engaged community.
And that’s exactly what happens in sponsorship in women’s football. It’s not for all brands neither for all marketers.
When considering getting associated to women’s football assets, brands should consider:
- Fan data is more important than broadcast data
- There are no gender stereotypes, this is a sport
- There’s risk, like in everything worth doing
- Don’t even start if you just look for for awareness
- You won’t compete with 70% of brands looking just for awareness
- Less but more engaged fans will connect with your brand
- Leverage assets with creativity, you can be the first at many things
- Don’t even think of forgetting about digital
Is it for you?