Iberdrola came to Spanish women’s football to stay.
Yesterday, the Spanish National Association announced the extension for 3 additional years of the partnership with the multinational electric utility firm.
Until 2021, Iberdrola will:
- Continue being the main sponsor for the national team
- Continue being the main sponsor for the National League
- Give name to the league as “Liga Iberdrola” (it was already known this way)
- Become the main sponsor for the Queen’s Cup
- Become the main sponsor for the U19 and U17 national teams
Throughout the programme Universo Mujer, Iberdrola is already supporting 15 federations and 20,000 athletes across many sports.
During the last 2017-18 season, Liga Iberdrola:
- Was broadcasted in 65 countries, which 32 of them registered more than 100,000 spectators
- 7 men’s stadiums held women’s football games
- More 22,000 fans at Wanda Metropolitano broke the attendance record
According to Palco23, the main sponsor dedicates an estimated investment of 4M €.
To announce the start of the new season, the sponsor released the following video:
— Iberdrola Clientes (@TuIberdrola) September 6, 2018
Photo credit: YoSíSéDeFútbol