If you are in women’s football, you need a brand.
If you need a brand, it’s vital to write your brand positioning statement, probably the most important element of your marketing.
You need two elements:
- The frame of reference: landscape where your brand is
- The point of differentiation: what makes your brand special
- Muhammad Ali: [The greatest boxer] + [of all time]
- Marta Vieira: [The best football player] + [in the world]
- David Beckham: [The sexiest brand icon] + [in football]
- Zlatan Ibrahimović: [The most arrogant] + [football player]
- Michael Jordan: [The greatest NBA player] + [in history]
- Xavi Bové: [The sports marketer] + [in women’s football] (on my way to the best!)
If you can afford leading a market where you can say you are the first, only or best, the score will be 3-0 in your favour.
How do you want to be remembered?
Photo Credit: Victor Tan / New Day Review