We tend to talk about Facebook or Instagram Ads when we refer to social media advertising in sports.
Don’t forget about Twitter.
Actually, FC Barcelona Women and RCD Espanyol Women have forgotten about me, at least in Twitter. Two women’s football clubs in Barcelona, the ones who have the chance to impact me in order to increase fan attendance.
At the end of post you will see the list of brands that have included on their paid audiences. You can ask Twitter through settings and they will provide it.
Twitter represents a good opportunity for social media advertising in women’s football because
- There’s not big competition
- The lack of apps leads the users to Twitter to check matches updates
- Clubs and players are active on the platform
- There’s a chance to get into conversations
- You can target through keywords search
Here you can read the full list:
Think about all the times a fan may search you on Twitter and find other sources of content before reaching you, if she does. Wasted opportunity.
What are you going to do with that?