What score do you start your everyday game with?
Tim Ferris, best-selling author of the extraordinary book Tools of Titans, says that among top leaders and CEO he found a common pattern. A mourning routine to switch to matchday mode, being meditation a common practice in morning rituals.
In this post, I want to share with you something I haven’t shared until now, my morning rituals to switch on the superhero mode. As it works incredibly well for me, I hope it can be useful for you too.
- Cold shower. The alarm rings at 6:00 and the first thing I do is to brush my teeth and have a 30” cold shower to really wake up.
- Stretching. After that I make up my bed and do 5’ of stretching exercises, including legs, arms, back and neck.
- Meditation. I meditate for 10-15’ with Calm, an amazing meditation app that convinced me to purchase the premium account after using it on a daily basis.
- Breakfast. After meditation, I have breakfast, toasts with scrambled eggs, a piece of fruit and a cup of green tea.
- Matchday songs. To power up, I listen to 3 selected songs to make my adrenaline speed up.
- Daily compass. Before starting to write a post for my blog, I read 2 handwritten pages that contain my goals, beliefs and favourite quotes and advice from authors.
Here you have one of the pieces of advice borrowed from Seth Godin:
I will do the hard part first.
I will embrace emotional labour.
I will think of myself as the type of person who can and does and I will act that way.
I will adapt a posture of generosity giving without the hope of getting.
I will care around people in the world around me and I will act that way.
I will dance with fear.
I promise I will continue to keep making a ruckus and then I will teach someone else to do so too.
Hope this helps to turn on your superhero mode in favour of women’s football.